Monday, July 19, 2010

back in action

It's been a very long time since I made a post, due to various reasons. My work got all my time due to a project that went bad :-( This is now solved, so meaning more time for CCNet now : Yeah !
I do need to catch up, so give me some time. There is a second release planned of the 1.5 version which should fix some annoying bugs. ETA should be in 1 to 2 weeks. As for the 1.6 release, this will probably be around October or so, depending on the amount of new items.

I did make a small new addition to the 1.6 code base: a Cron Trigger.
For the people working with a Unix system, this sounds familiar, for those not knowing, it is a time-based job scheduler. Cron enables users to schedule jobs (commands or shell scripts) to run periodically at certain times or dates. It is commonly used to automate system maintenance or administration.

Because the Cron syntax is very simple it is also very powerfull. Scheduling something every tuesday every 10 minutes between 15 and 16 hours, but only in the weekends is very easy.
You can see the documentation at Cron Trigger
All the hard work was already done, there is a project NCrontab so it was just adding the code, very easy.

Next items will be crawling through Jira, and fixing open issues, so that will keep me busy for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment