Anyone wanting to give the 1.7 a spin, please do. All comments are welcome.An excerpt from the 1.7 release notes :
Backwards compatibility issuesThere were a few items that broke when upgrading to 1.5 or 1.6, sorry for that. Here's a list of those that are known to be fixed
- Nant : newline in
causes "Target ' ' does not exist in this project."
- Git : Merge Commits in GIT are being ignored by CCnet, causing "No modifications detected."
- CCTray : Prevent Interval Trigger from modifying cctray detail column..
- CCTray : app balloon shows always report builds even if it is set only to show warnings or errors.
- BuildPublisher : KeepLastXBuilds broken in 1.7
What's different, needs some attention:
- Configuration_Preprocessor, it's best that you start every included file must with :
- if you used git, the first build with CCNet 1.7 will list ALL changes done. This is due to the fix of the Git repository. Maybe it's best to delete the first build artifact, and clean up the history.xml file for each project with Git. Or take a backup of the history.xml files, upgrade to CCNet 1.7, and place the backup's back.
Main new features
- xml highlighter for the BuildLog and ProjectConfiguration
- Plastic SCM 4.0 plugin
- Updating the dashboard activity status automatically (refreshinterval needs to be set in dashboard.config)
- add xsl for ms-test and mstest coverage for vs2010
- new modification filter : Multi filter
- show description of the project in dashboard and CCtray
- new xslt Task : allows to do XSL transformation during the build
- Dashboard admin page has a better look, with tooltips and the packages divided in sections
- added a couple of packages for existing xsl files, making it easier to use them.